Soul with Masha

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Daigo



I was watching MTV channel programme 日韓音樂瘋 last week and was caught by surprise when 吳健恒 reported on Daigo. Daigo has formed a band called Breakerz and he was the grandson of one of past Japan’s Prime Ministers Mr 竹下登!

I know about Daigo’s existence few years back from magazine. He was called DAIGO☆STARDUST and sang rock songs. His image was more a bit like visual rock. Daigo caught my attention as I find that he’s quite good looking and he looks abit like Yama P.

Little did I know that Daigo has now taken away the name Stardust and formed a band. Ken reported that being Daigo mentioned in interviews that being Mr 竹下登 attracted a lot of girls, thinking that he is rich. He could not get involve in relationships as those girls don’t really love him. It’s really sad to hear such thing. Perhaps being a grandson of Mr 竹下登 may sound a burden to us, but from the way that Daigo talked about his grandpa, he don’t think so. His relationship with his grandpa was good.

The Japan media has used his identity as Mr 竹下登 grandchild as a way to advertise on Daigo. I hope they will stop it and concentrate more on Daigo’s works and not neglect the effort he has put into making music.

Frankly speaking, I find Daigo’s voice so so but I do admire his passion in rock music. Although at the age of 30 and his career is not stable yet, Daigo is still persistent in pursuing his dream. I hope his career can move to a higher peak!

Daigo looks much better on TV than on photos. It’s the first time I watched his interview at TV programme (「おしゃれイズム」) and I find that Daigo seems to be a 優しい and straightforward person. He’s quite gentle though he sings rock music.

By the way, Daigo’s blog is named one of the top ten blogs of ameblo. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home