Soul with Masha

Friday, May 30, 2008

Debut Performance

I had my debut performance at Danz People yesterday. This was the first time I performed after I have fall in love with dance and learnt dancing.

My debut performance was for exotic dance and not hip hop. I started learning exotic dance on 28 Feb 08. Sheena (my instructor) mentioned in the beginning of the lessons that she would planned for us to perform as a students showcase. I thought she was not serious about it.

About 2 months ago, she said we will perform in end May. I was like 'Huh??" We started learning the cheorography of the song titled "Feeling Good" It's a 4 min 19 sec song. We took about 2 months to learnt the whole cheorography and kept on practising.

At the last lesson last week, though I remember the steps, I was still not confident as I could not catch some of the timing. Sheena said I have improved alot (so happy to hear that!), my steps are clean but I am still not daring yet. She always encouraged me to move more, and be more "hiao."

I invited a few friends to watch the performance. Of course I felt the stress. I think it's my responsbility to dance well and not to let Sheena down. It's also my responsbility to ensure that I did my best and gave my best shot to the audience.

The performance was not pefect. Some of us were too fast and forgot the steps. I did wrongly at first. Too nervous and did not listened to music! When the performance ended, I felt relieved and great!!! Great in the sense that I enjoyed peforming! I did put effort in this performance. Besides practising sometimes at home, I kept listening to the song. Everyday! During the time I prepared to work, on the bus, during lunch, when I was packing things at home.. etc. I knew I got the steps right. It's just the timing I have to work on. So I kept listening to the song.

Frankly speaking, I felt 失落 now... after working hard for a goal for the past few months and now the goal has been attained. The feeling of attaining the goal is fabulous. However, the after feeling...

やっと終わったね、でも寂しいです...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home