Soul with Masha

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Big Groove 2008

I attended The Big Groove 2008 at Expo Hall 1 on 8 June. This yearly event is organized by O School.

The dance items were presented by teams from Singapore Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic and other institutions. O School instructors also presented an item. Other groups were from Philippines and Australia. The guest stars are from a Japan dance group called Wrecking Crew Orchestra.

I don’t really enjoy that much on the performances. I liked the choreo by Zaihar’s group. Some of the dancers can really dance well. Technically they are good, like Ryohei. But I don’t see anyone with groove, like Ryuichi. Ya, I know I am not in the position to comment as I don’t dance well at all. But from an audience point of view, I wish I could see a talented dancer.

I am quite surprised that Singapore is getting a pool of young dancers. It’s a good sign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home