Soul with Masha

Thursday, May 05, 2005

陶喆 ~ [太平盛世]音樂會


David at Singapore press conference


David at [太平盛世] 音樂會

I went to 陶喆 (David Tao) mini concert at Singapore Expo Hall 1 on 30 April 2005, Saturday. Supposed to reach there at 4.30pm but was late and reached there only at 5pm. R was already at the queue. I’m quite surprised because the queue then was not that long. Anyway, I haven’t been queuing up for such events for a long time. Nowadays, probably only a few artists can motivate me to do so. David is only one of the few.

We were allowed to enter the hall at 6pm. I managed to stand at the left hand corner of the stage, only about 4 persons behind the barrack. Quite near to the stage actually. I’m a bit surprised. Waited till around 7.30pm before a UK group called “Wild” came on stage. They were a group of 5 young and sexy girls who played violins and keyboards. Their music was rather noisy, not my type of music.

David came out around 7.50pm and started singing ‘蘇珊說’. He wore a black t-shirt with gold color prints and a torn jeans. Oh, and his silver buckle belt and a pair of black shoes! Very clean and normal look.

My first impression of him… nothing special. I heard he is 1.8cm tall. But he doesn’t look that tall. In fact, he looks like a normal person. It’s only when he started talking, you’ll get attracted to him.

Actually I’m surprised that I’m quite closed to him. He walked to the edge of the left hand side of the stage and sang for a while quite a number of times. Our distance was around 1 – 2 meters.

David started to talk and joked. He’s very humorous. This is what I find him quite similar to Masha. Both of them were born on the year of Rooster and very talented. He’s a few months younger than Masha.

There were games and lucky draws. From the small gesture, I can sense that David is a polite and considerate person. He cares for his fans a lot. For example, he knows his fans (or not even his fans??) like to take pictures. So he’ll stand at each corner of the stage for a while when he was singing, so that they could take pictures. He could even remembered and called out one of his fans’ name while she only mentioned her name once on stage. And the funny part is there were 2 other fans on stage, all dressed in pink shirts (1 guy and 1 gal). He called the gal in pink ‘小粉紅’ and he did not find it funny. We were however all laughing about it!

David sang few other songs:

就是愛你

愛我還是他

月亮代表誰的心

愛佷簡單

When he sang ‘愛佷簡單’, I was already in high spirits. Singing and swinging along with him. It was really enjoyable when he stood in front of me and I just sang and swing my arms with him.

David mentioned that he will come to Singapore in end of this year for a concert. He’s one of the rare Chinese singers whom I’ll be willing to pay high price for the concert. I’m really looking forward to David’s concert!

By the way, I have this feeling that David is one of those who will gain weight easily. His body looks proportionally well to me. His arms are rather fleshy and muscular. So I guess he can put on weight easily. Haha!

Another thing I must mention. R & I really HATE those people who kept taking pictures while David was singing! Really can’t figure out whether they are his fans or not. Those fools around us kept taking pictures of David non-stop. It was really rude and irritating! I think R & I were the only ones singing and swinging along while David was singing at our area. I think David noticed it but I did not manage to have eye contact with him to confirm on it. Please for heaven’s sake, the organizers should confiscate the cameras for such events in the future!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home