Soul with Masha

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lee Byun Hun



My favourite Korean actor, Lee Byun Hun is in town recently to promote his DVD, "Brave" and "Human." I never expect him to come to S'pore. Only saw the news about 2 weeks ago. But I kept his event to promote his DVD in my diary.

So, after much considerations (yes, I'm a retired fan, don't show my face at these events anymore), I decided to go for his event, that was held at Bishan Junction 8, 20 February 2005, 5pm. I reached there only around 4.20pm. Quite crowded, but I think still alright. But as time goes by, the crowd getting bigger and bigger. Around 5.20pm, he came! He wore a white shirt with pink designs and a jeans. Off course, with a sunglass too. The first reaction when I saw him was "Hey, he's exactly the same on TV or magazine!" I enjoyed watching him actually. Kind of strange feeling, coz I think it's not real. He tried his best to speak in English. All English, no Korean at all! I'm really surprised that his English is very fluent (He majored French in University, so perhaps it's one of the means that helped him to polish up his English?). He put on a very good smile all the way and was very nice to the fans who went to stage. The second fan who went on stage asked him to give her a hug, and he did. The third fan, just jumped and hugged him. He was caught off by her act. Eventually when all the rest of the fans went on stage, he spread out his arms and hugged them. He's really nice and touching. I guess being his fans is really fortunate. He treats his fans much better than other artists (saw from his website that he even called his fans personally! So thoughtful!) I'm glad that I went for the event. I can see how cool and manly he is. The most important is to see his friendliness towards his fans and being considerate to them. Frankly speaking, I don't like Korean dramas. Too slow and boring. But the first and only Korean drama that caught my attention and made me 'chase' for it was "Beautiful Days." I'm attracted by Brian's (yes, his English name is Brian) acting. He acted in the main role. That was about 4-5 years ago. The drama was shown on TV (the channel has been terminated) and the korean drama craze was not in fashion yet. Till then, I've been paying attention to his news and dramas. Off course, I don't follow that closely, but I considered him as one of my favourite actors. His acting is just solid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home