Soul with Masha

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

30 December 2007 - 原宿と下北沢

I woke up around 8.45am and rushed down to the lobby for breakfast, which ends at 9.30am. Previously the breakfast ended at 9am.

I met Miho and her daughter, Karen at Omori for lunch. It’s the first time I meet Karen. Karen is about 3 months old and resembles Miho’s husband. We had Yakitori bento set for lunch. It was delicious! We chatted a lot and Miho told me Japan is not safe now. There were reports on violence cases almost every 2 days. Cases like child killed his brother by mistake while playing his dad’s gun (his dad has the license to own a gun) and a man killed his friend using a gun in the golf course. Japan allows people to own gun if they know how to use it. Seems like the whole world is not safe now…

I proceed to 原宿 after bidding farewell to Miho and Karen. I first went to Fancl to buy some stuff for Rus. Then went to source for Masha’s photos. I was so happy that I found Masha’s photos taken at All Night Nippon concert in Aug and Music Station Live. Siew Hoon helped me to buy 3 photos when she went to Tokyo in Oct. I bought the rest of the ANA photos and Music Station Live photos. Masha’s poster caught my attention and I bought it too! I was attracted to Takahiro’s smile and bought one of his concert photo. I spent quite a lot of time in the shop choosing Masha, Horikita Maki, Oguri Shun and Sakura Sho’s photos.

I checked the ticket shop but they don’t sell Masha’s concert tickets. I saw Kinki Kids’ concert tickets for 31 Dec and 1 Jan, Johnny countdown, NEWS tickets etc. I was not interested at all. No idea why I have lost interest in Johnny artists’ concerts.

I went to 下北沢 by subway from 原宿. The last time I went to 下北沢 was in Nov 1998 and I like the place. I reached 下北沢 almost 4pm. I like the slow pace of 下北沢 and the atmosphere. I spent quite sometime at
DORAMA outlets, checking CDs and books. I bought Masha’s first press 「Calling」 and 河口恭吾「風と落ち葉の季節に」albums for 800+yen after discount! So cheap!!!

I also bought 東野圭吾 「手紙」for 400yen. I watched the movie and like it very much. So I wanted to read the novel as it will definitely be more detailed. I had my dinner cum teabreak at a pasta restaurant. Japan’s pasta is so delicious! I enjoyed eating pasta in Japan.

I shopped around for a while before I left下北沢. I did not managed to cover下北沢. Perhaps next time, hopefully in near future I can come back again.


A 40+year salaryman spoke to me when I was looking at the train map inside the train at 代々木上原 (station to change train between 下北沢 and 明治神宮前). He asked me questions like where was I from, can I speak English. Then he asked me for my telephone number. I ignored him and sat in another bench. After a while, he came and sat beside me. I shifted some distance apart and used by stuff to put in between us. Luckily there were people around us and 2 gals sat in front of us. So I guess he can’t do much. He started laughing by himself. 変態!I stayed calm and prepared to rush out of the train when it reach 明治神宮前. Luckily it was 3 stations away. I alighted the train and walked quickly out of the station. As I was worried that the man will follow me, I kept looking back. I am glad I was safe!

I returned to Oimachi and shopped around LABI. LABI was newly opened in Oimachi. Besides electronics, they sell books, watches etc. I bought watched for my parents and 東野圭吾「容疑者Xの献身」.

I asked the sales at LABI on the Sony walkman and he said it can’t be used overseas. HE asked me to buy ipod instead! >_<

I proceeded to Ito Yokado to buy DHC products. As usual, I spent a lot on DHC products. Then I went to Kumazawa inside Ito Yokado to check on magazines and 小学館文庫 books. There is a campaign called 「小学館文庫 meets 福山雅治オリジナルブックカバー」 which started in early Dec. Some of 小学館文庫 novels covers are printed with photos taken by Masha. I bought 「コスメティック」by 林真理子(けやし まりこ author of Anego). The cover of this novel is a street in one of the Europe City.

I also bought 劇団ひとり「陰日向に咲く」小説. This novel was first published in 2006. The one I bought is the 5th edition. I like 劇団ひとり and am interested to know of his writing skills.

I was satisfied with the items I bought and returned to the hotel. A busy day for me again. I missed 日本レコート大賞 which features EXILE and w-inds and went for my shopping. I drank the Ebisu beer that Su gave and had a good night sleep. Need to have a good sleep to prepare for the big day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home