Soul with Masha

Monday, October 20, 2008

半分日本人

Su said I am a 半分日本人 (half Japanese) and I totally agree.

If you asked me:
- what are the latest and hip places in town?
- which are the new fashion shops/department store or eating places in town?
- what are the hottest fashion brand in town?
- what are the programs/local production showing on TV?
- who are the Spore actors/actresses?

My answer to all the above is "I don't know."

There was once I saw a pair of nice shoes that a lady wore in the gym and I asked her where she got it, she said "Pasionz." 'Huh? Passion??.... Where is it???" She must have thought that I am a country bumpkin.

Cassandra and Serene talked about buying a skirt at "Chaos." I was like "Huh? What chaos???"

My colleague told me she saw a local actor and gave me his name, I was like "Ah? Who?"

Yap, I have no idea of what's happening in town. I don't go shopping and check out on new stuff. Even if I buy clothes, I will go to MUJI. All Japanese stuff for me. I also don't watch TV programs anymore. I only watch my Japan dramas and variety shows.

If you asked me about how to get around in Tokyo, yes, I can tell you. I can tell you which shops are nice, what are the brands I like... what are the latest dramas showing in Japan, the hottest artists in Japan...

加藤さん said I am 凄い. Even though I don't stay in Japan, I am a member of BROS, EXILE and w-inds FC...

Spore is a place where my family and friends are.. where I hold a job and earn money. Frankly speaking, I don't think I have a strong identity being a Sporean and feel proud having Spore as my roots. To me, it's good to be born here as this is a develop and most important, safe country. It's also accessible to all parts of the world. Well, it's still my home.. Strangely, I have alway tell my friends that Japan is my second home, but I never said that Spore is my home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home