Soul with Masha

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

30 August 2006 - 氷見



I woke up feeling 気持ち悪い. Feel like vomitting... Guess it's the hangover from last night beer and sake.

Checked out and went to 氷見 (ひみ), the hometown of 藤子不二雄 (Fujiko Fujio), creator of ドラえもん (doraemon). 氷見 is a small fishing town and it is really far.. there were only about three trains per day from Toyama to 氷見.

The town was peaceful and quiet. I strolled along the streets. The streets were so clean! Status of the characters created by 藤子不二雄 were displayed along the streets. I was trying to find the statues which will come out when the hour strikes. Saw this group of young kids and they told me the direction. One of the boys said to me "気を付けてね." (^^) So sweet of him.

I went to the fish market. The fish market was small, unlike the one at Shirahama. Bought souvenirs and my lunch there.

Took the bus to station and took train back to Toyama. It was a short trip to 氷見 . I like the place, and the scenery along the train is beautiful.

Caught an evening train to go Tokyo. Changed to Shinkansen at Niigata train. Wow, I board the shinkansen that has 2 storeys. First time!

Reached Tokyo at night and was tired....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home