Soul with Masha

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

25 August 2006 - An interesting day at Nagoya Part 1

Nagoya Castle
Nagoya Aquarium


Visited Nagoya Castle almost noon time. It was really hot!

The castle was interesting. I only paid 500yen for theentrance fee. I got to go into the castle to look at thestructure. The castle consist of about 7 floors. Each floor display different things about the castle. For eg. The old photos, the clothes that the olden people wore. It was interesting.

Most of the displays are written in Japanese. Read only those I am interested in. I am particularly interested in the olden days weapons thatwere used. like the arrow, guns, knifes. It was interesting to see the stuff that was used in so many years back. I really wonder how many spirits - the ones who used it or the ones who were killed by it, were hanging around those weapons.

I touched the walls and tried to figure out the time and effort spent in building the castle. The castle was mostly destroyed by fire many years back. The one which is existing now is rebuild. I do not like to dwell in the past. To me, history ishistroy. We can only learn from it. There is no way that we can go back in time to change it. However, I still find it amazing that olden days are able to build such awsome building. Just like the Eygptians built the pyramids and the Chinese built the Great Wall of China. I wonder,perhaps I was one of those who were involved in thebuilding in my previous lives.

I walked out of the exit and have to walk around the castle, a really big round, to reach the station again. Phew! The weather was hot and dry, and the insects - not sure the name in English, was making hell out of the noise.You can hear such insects noises everywhere in Japan during summer.

I decided on the spot to go to Nagoya Aquarium at Nagoya Port as it was in the same train line as in Nagoya Castle.The Aquarium was really big! Consist of the south and westwing. One talks about the whales and dolphins, the other talks about the fishes and creatures around Asia and Antarctica.

When I just entered the aquarium, I was... surprised! I could see dolphins swimming around in the big tank. The tank was about 2 - 3 storeys high. It was great to watch them swam just in front of me. Then, the one that really captured my attention is the killer whale. It was swimming in the big tank. And it actually swam passed me, right infront, just that we were separated by the tank. oh that was awesome! I like it so much. There were seats like staircases, which allow people to watch the whale. So I sat there for quite a while. I really feel calm and relax!

Next is the white whale. Oh, the whales are beautiful! But I prefer the killer whale. I walked quite fast and look around, especially for interesting stuff. The place was really big. My legs were aching then. But I enjoyed it so much.

There were many visitors too, mainly families and couples. It is really interesting to bring familes to the aquarium and it is a good dating place too. Too bad, Spore do not have such good acquarium. Oh, the other animals that catch my attention are the seaturtles and jelly fishes. I have never seen such big seaturtles swimming around. I also tried to see what the jellyfishes are make up of. Their whole body is quite translucent, it is interesting to see how they move.

I only paid 2000 yen, which is about 28 spore dollar forthe entrance. It was a good experiencing and I am really glad that I visit it. I want to go other big aquariums at other parts of Japan. It is really interesting! After the acquarium visit, then go back hotel, to have early dinner and prepare for the big event.. w-inds concert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home