Soul with Masha

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

10 April 2007 – 四万十川







I woke up early in the morning, about 7.15am, to have breakfast. Sumptuous breakfast as well!


Karen and Jackie left at 9.30am. They are going to Kyoto. Short time with them, but I enjoyed our chats.


Set off to walk around at 10am. I gave up the idea of cycling coz the road is very narrow and steep. I went to the small path that leads to the river, just outside our hostel. Wow, it was so beautiful and peaceful...


Then I walked 4.5km to the bus stop where I alighted yesterday. It took me about 1 hour in total to walk this distance. When I walked, I finally understand 龍一 feeling of what he has said 「ただ一人で自然に会いたがった」(means it is only that I want to meet nature alone). 龍一くん went to climb Minami Alps alone in last Oct and camped there. When I walked along and alone on the road, I can smell the fresh air, hear the birds chirping, listen to the water from the river, saw monkeys... it makes me realised that being alone with the nature is such a wonderful thing. This is the first time I have such an encounter and feeling. I felt that I am so fortunate to be alone with nature at that time.


In total I walked 9km, about 2 hours. I do not feel that it was a torture. I simply enjoyed the walking. It was just that I got a bit of tired. But I am lucky that with my stamina now, I do not feel the tiredness I had last time.

I just lazed around after I reach the hostel. I sat on the bench outside the hostel, watching the scenery, eagle flying in the sky, listened to the birds chirping, felt the breeze, ah so relax! I simply dozed off...


I chatted abit with 青木さん, the guy who stayed in the youth hostel. We did not talked much and he is leaving tomorrow, same day as me. He is going 徳島(Tokushima) while I will be going to 松山 (Matsuyama).


We had an early dinner and I started to pack my things. I wrote a diary at やすら木 diary, the diary at the room where I stayed. This is what I wrote:

2007年4月10日 (火)天気 晴れ

シンガポールから来ました。
四万十川のことは今中さんから聞きました。四万十川の景色が見たいから、ここに来ました。ここの景色は本当に美しいです。今日は初めて山中に歩いました。龍一くんが言うこと「ただ一人で自然に会いたがった」よく理解しました。私は多分龍一くんと同じの気持ちを続きます。

またいつか、ここに戻ります。 本当に お世話になりました。ありがとうございました。

Slept really early, 9.30pm!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home