Soul with Masha

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shut Up & Dance!

I attended NUS dance blast reflection, which is held once every two years yesterday.

There were 11 dance items for the around one and half hour show. The items are:

1) Opening item
2) Poplicious
3) Where did my baby go
4) Back to basics
5) Dare to dream
6) Emotions in motion - by NTU MJ
7) In the limelight
8) Girls just being girls
9) Fatal Blunder
10) Angst Quardrant
11) Music & Lifestyle

There were four short solo performances in between the items by an alumni from NTU MJ, Seow, Joo Teng and another dancer (can't remember the name).

Pat choreographed the opening item and he taught some of the moves in our dance lessons. While I was watching, I was thinking how can I be like them? We learnt the same moves and yet different results...

I felt that Seow stole the whole show. I like his dance for Where did my baby go. He expressed the song so well. He also choreo Fatal Blunder, combining Chinese tradition and some moves with hip hop. Cool! He is so talented and dance so well!

Ahmad is another raising star. He is so stylo in In the Limelight, which is cheoro by him. His cheoro is nice.

The girls I like are dance blast alumni Azlina and Rebecca. Rebecca can dance really well. Though she is small built, her dance moves leave me a deep impression. She can dance girls hip hop so sexy. How can I be like her??

Yap, I saw Justis too. He performed for Angst Quardant, which is cheoro by him and three other dance blast alumni. Pity that his dance part is not much.

Whenever I see these dancers on the stage, I always wonder how can I be like them. I guess it's the hardwork they have put in cause us to be different. As what Pat said, I am still not "open" enough. Need to be more daring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home